A list of the best lost love messages that are for lovers, him or her, that are short or romantic and are about losing love. The pain of lost love can be excruciating, but it’s also a testament to our capacity to love deeply. The best lost love quotes and sayings remind us that moving on is not a betrayal of the past, but a step toward a brighter future. Browse our collection of inspirational, wise, and humorous love lost quotes and love lost sayings
Deep Lost Love Messages
1. Losing someone can hard. But life will go on and time will not stop for you. Now it is your choice whether you want to live that life with pain or with ease. It is because sometimes pain is a choice.
2. I wondered if death was a better alternative to enduring the rest of my days without your sweet kisses to keep me alive.
3. Love becomes logically true when lost but still sought from the same source. ― Brian Celio
4. The way to love anything is to realize that it might be lost. – G. K. Chesterton
5. Life teaches us so many lessons. Life is the only real teacher. The most important lesson it teaches us is a loss. The loss is an only loss when you lose something you love. Losing something you never had any attachment with, is not a loss. Maybe that is why love and loss have such a deep connection.
6. Don’t cry because it’s over. Smile because it happened. – Dr. Seuss
7. It is always hard to lose somebody that you love. The loss leaves a hole in your heart that can never be repaired, only covered up.
8. I just like to sing for people who have lost love. ― Mac Miller
9. You’ve always acted like you were staying for good, so I didn’t know how to live without you anymore when you left.
10. It would be best if you did not cry because something has ended. Instead, smile because it happened.
11. We can never let the pain of loss consume us. Life ahead of us demands so much more than this pathetic self of us. Try to find your happiness in what you have.
12. When you break up, your whole identity is shattered. It’s like death.
13. Just because we don’t talk doesn’t mean I don’t think about you. I’m just trying to distance myself because I know I can’t have you. ― Wiz Khalifa
14. The grief of losing you made me feel so lost. But ironically, it is the same grief that keeps me going on with life.
Healing Quotes on Lost Love
15. The heart is stubborn. It holds onto love despite what sense and emotion tells it. And it is often, in the battle of those three, the most brilliant of all. ― Alessandra Torre
16. Love is timeless; love is immortal. Even if you lose someone to something as permanent as death, the love you once had will never fade away. It will caress you every day, reminding you of the everlasting sweetness of honey.
17. When love is lost, do not bow your head in sadness; instead keep your head up high and gaze into heaven for that is where your broken heart has been sent to heal. – Unknown
18. In love, unlike most other passions, the recollection of what you have had and lost is always better than what you can hope for in the future. ― Stendhal
19. You can love someone so much…But you can never love people as much as you can miss them. ~John Green
20. Do not fear, sweet child, and let yourself love. Do not be afraid of the pain of loss, for the sweetness of love far outweighs it.
21. If you love something let it go, If it comes back to you it’s yours, If it doesn’t, it never was, and it’s not meant to be.
22. I was faced with the hardest decision I will ever make in my life, to let go and move on.
23. The greatest weakness of most humans Is their hesitancy to tell others, How much they love them While they’re alive.
24. You never truly get over losing someone. You may forgive, you may forget. But you can never stop the memories of sweetness and joy from creeping in when you least expect it to.
25. An act of love that fails is just as much a part of the divine life as an act of love that succeeds, for love is measured by fullness, not by reception. ~Harold Loukes
26. For all sad words of tongue and pen, the saddest are these, It might have been. – John Greenleaf Whittier
27. Love is grand; divorce is a hundred grand.
28. It is always hard to lose somebody that you love. The loss leaves a hole in your heart that can never be repaired, only covered up.
29. I was losing you was like losing a limb. I could function, but there was always something missing.
30. Better never to have met you in my dream than to wake and reach for hands that are not there.
Famous Losing Love Messages
31. The pain of losing you, no matter how much it breaks my heart, reminds me that I loved you with everything I had once upon a time.
32. Sometimes, some things are meant to end. It is necessary to start the new things in your life. Same rules apply to love. When love disappears from a relationship, there is no reason to keep it. Just because it existed once, is not a good reason to drag a relationship.
33. I cried so hard when I lost my cat, the pain of losing her spearing a hole through my heart. My father hugged me tight and whispered in my ear, Do not cry, my child. For when you lose something great, something better will take its place.
34. I should know enough about loss to realize that you never really stop missing someone. You just learn to live around the huge gaping hole of their absence. ― Alyson Noel
35. I knew that losing you would bring me nothing but devastation. Despite this, I took the risk and welcomed you into my life, hoping that the sweetness of our time together would make up for all the pain your loss would someday bring.
36. I looked at the house with such great pain. Home. It is a sweet and foreign word to me now. Without you in it, what used to be a home is now nothing but a house.
37. I will never truly get over your loss, but there is nothing left to do but move on and make way for a bright and new day.
38. It is better to have loved and lost than not to have loved at all.
39. To love and win is the best thing; to love and lose, the next best. – William Thackeray
40. Sigh no more, ladies, sigh no more, Men were deceivers ever, One foot in sea and one on shore, To one thing constant never. ~William Shakespeare
41. Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all. ~Alfred Lord Tennyson
42. When you have your heart broken for the first time, you gain depth. – Sienna Miller
43. There’s this place in me where your fingertips still rest… your kisses still linger and your whispers softly echo… It’s the place where a part of you will forever be a part of me.
44. The hottest love has the coldest end. ― Socrates
45. How do you go on knowing that the one thing that keeps your heart beating is forever lost to you?
Quotes About Lost Love
46. Sometimes the person you really need is the one you didn’t think you wanted.
47. Its better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all. – Alfred Lord Tennyson
48. The pain of losing you, no matter how much it breaks my heart, reminds me that once upon a time, I loved you with everything I had.
49. I don’t think you can ever fill the empty space with the thing you lost.
50. When I lost you, I felt as if the world ended. Time stopped for me and nothing else mattered. When I looked outside the window and saw that the birds continued to fly, I realized that the world will not accompany me in my grief. And life, as usual, will go on with our without me.
51. If you love something let it go, If it comes back to you it’s yours, If it doesn’t, it never was, and it’s not meant to be.
52. I don’t know that love changes. People change. Circumstances change. – Nicholas Sparks
53. All that remains to us when love and glory are over, when adventures and passions have faded into the past, is but a deeper and ever-deepening sense of the infinite; and if we have not that within us, then are we destitute indeed. ― Maurice Maeterlinck
54. Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation. ~Kahlil Gibran
55. When you lose someone you love, you can’t stop loving him. The feeling only grows stronger.
56. Do not fear, sweet child, and let yourself, love. Do not be afraid of the pain of loss, for the sweetness of love far outweighs it.
57. Love can tear you apart… it can kill you. But if you’re lucky, it can put you back together.
58. People should not judge failed love affairs as failed experiences, but as part of the growth process. Something does not have to end well for it to have been one of the most valuable experiences of a lifetime. ~Ethel Person
59. How ironic it is that only loss can show us how important something is.
60. No matter who broke your heart, or how long it takes to heal, you’ll never get through it without your friends.
61. Where should all my love go when you are no longer here to receive it?
62. Love becomes logically true when lost but still sought from the same source. ~Brian Celio
63. Love doesn’t make the world go round, Love is what makes the ride worthwhile.
64. Some of us think holding on makes us strong, but sometimes it is letting go. ― Hermann Hesse
65. It’s better to have loved and lost than to have to do forty pounds of laundry a week. ― Laurence J. Peter
66. Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass – It’s about learning how to dance in the rain. – Vivian Greene
Love, loss, and redemption Quotes & Statuses with Images
67. I wondered if dying was a better alternative to enduring the rest of my days without your sweet kisses to keep me alive.
68. Trying to forget someone you love is like trying to remember someone you never met.
69. There is a comfort in the strength of love; / Would overset the brain, or break the heart. – William Wordsworth
70. A new wound makes all the old ones ache again.
71. How do you go on knowing that the one thing that keeps your heart beating is forever lost to you?
72. The truth is, unless you let go, unless you forgive yourself, unless you forgive the situation, unless you realize that the situation is over, you cannot move forward. ― Steve Maraboli
73. Love when you’re ready, not when you’re lonely.
74. The grief of losing you made me feel so lost. But ironically, it is the same grief that keeps me going on with life.