Do you need your self-confidence building up? This guide on how to gain confidence could be just what you need. If you currently have quite low/ no self-confidence…
Then the first step is to learn why you have such a low sense of self-belief.
Poor self-belief comes from insecurities. That’s right, low self-confidence stems from your mind’s beliefs that you are incapable.
How did these beliefs start? Who knows. It doesn’t particularly matter because the past is the past – you can only do something about the present and future.
What you need to know here is that your low self confidence is the result of your mind believing negative things about your abilities.
Once you understand this, you can realize that the early stages of self confidence building are all about removing negative, insecure beliefs from your mind. That’s why my definition of average confidence is ‘the absence of insecurity’. Let me explain…
When you have no self confidence, you have negative thoughts about your capabilities running around in your head. You cannot be gaining self confidence until these negative thoughts and beliefs are GONE from your mind. Why? Because if those beliefs were still there, they would prevent the high self confidence thoughts from coming through well.
So you need the negatives gone because they’d only stop the positives from shining through. This is why average confidence is “the absence of insecurity” – because it doesn’t involve anything strongly positive just yet.
The most productive conclusion possible is that these negative thoughts HAVE to go. There is no other way with self confidence building when going from a fairly low level. Once your negative beliefs are gone, you are left with nothing for a while, before positive beliefs start taking effect. How to stop negative beliefs? Links to articles explaining this further down. smiley face
Once you’ve removed the negative beliefs about your abilities, you are at an average confidence level. Why? Because insecure, negative beliefs are gone/ absent. At the same time, you don’t have many positive beliefs either – so you are left hanging in the middle. If you are in the middle, then of course it is average. Most people’s confidence is about average – but you have the opportunity to go beyond average if you want to.
How to go about self confidence building?
Don’t try to run before you can walk. Concentrate solely on attaining average ‘nothingness’ confidence.
Nothingness just means that you are working on removing the negative for the most part, without expecting too much positive just yet.
Here’s a clearer way of explaining what I mean…
If you construct a building, you have to clear the ground before you can build something sturdy and strong. Take the same approach. You removing your negative beliefs about your abilities is the equivalent of a builder creating a flat, solid surface on which to build.
The eventual attractive building (positive self belief equivalent) would not stand up properly if it was built upon the un-sturdy ground (negative self belief.) The building area (your mind) must be cleared of everything first, to provide a ‘fresh start’ on which to build.
How to start effectively self confidence building
We’ve talked thus far about what needs to happen in that creative head of yours if we are to get you successfully self confidence building. Do you know exactly what self confidence is? If you’re even slightly unclear, then it would benefit you to next read the following…
What is Self Confidence?
Self-confidence is an attitude about your skills and abilities. It means you accept and trust yourself and have a sense of control in your life. Your level of self-confidence can show in many ways: your behavior, your body language, how you speak, and how you engage with others.
In that article, you’ll get a brief but informative explanation as to exactly what it is you are trying to build in yourself.
When you’ve read that, I’d suggest that you then read my other article…
How To Build Self Confidence
There, you’ll be shown how to get yourself successfully removing insecure, negative beliefs, and replacing them with new, confident, positive beliefs. This article will show you a secret that will get you using your mind in your favor, instead of against you.
Once the above article has helped you understand the process, you’ll want to make a start. This is exactly what…
Confidence Affirmations will help you to do. Saying positive things to yourself is the first active step to take for someone with low self confidence. It happens before you are able to do anything brave, like going out and doing the things you lack confidence in doing.
Quotes About Confidence – By Successful People
This list of quotes about confidence. They are designed to provide a quick, effortless boost to your mood – to give you that extra spring in your step that people are drawn to!
Each of these quotes about confidence comes together with a short analysis of exactly what the quote means.
1. “I am not a has-been. I am a will-be!”
Lauren Bacall (American Actress) Born 1924
This quote means: It doesn’t matter what happened to you in the past. The future is yet to be ‘written’ and so long as you believe you can be what you most want, then you can.
2. “Too many people overvalue what they are not and undervalue what they are”
Malcolm Forbes (Publisher Forbes Magazine) 1919 – 1990
This quote means: Many people put more emphasis on pressuring themselves to be what they want to be, than on valuing, respecting and enjoying what they are in this present moment. Bottom line: Give yourself credit for who/what you are right now.
3. “I quit being afraid when my first venture failed and the sky didn’t fall down.
Allen H. Neuharth (American Businessman) Born 1924
This quote means: You can fail at something, and the reality won’t be anything like as bad as your mind told you it would be. Bottom line: Listen to your gut feeling, and ignore your doubting mind.
4. “It is not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves”
Edmund Hillary (New Zealander Explorer) 1919 – 2008
This quote means: We 100% have the ability to achieve what we want. The deciding factor is whether or not we think we can.
5. “You gain strength, experience, and confidence by every experience where you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing you cannot do”
Quote source unknown
This quote means: Do that which you are most afraid of and you will gain in confidence.
6. “Confidence is a habit that can be developed by acting as if you already had the confidence you desire to have.”
Brian Tracy (Self-help author) Born 1944
This quote means: Pretend you have confidence in something and go do it. This will develop your real sense of confidence.
7. “Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn’t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn’t know that so it goes on flying anyway”
Mary Kay Ash (American Businesswoman) 1918 – 2001
This quote means: With things you aren’t capable of, mentally block out the fact that you can’t do it, and go for it. You will thrive.
8. “Mediocrity is a handrail”
Charles de Secondat (French political thinker) 1689 – 1755
This quote means: To settle for average achievement is too comfortable, and therefore there is no challenge.
9. “Confidence cannot find a place wherein to rest in safety”
Virgil (Roman poet) 70 BCE – 19 BCE
This quote means: Confidence cannot be won and then permanently kept because it is something that is too much affected by external circumstances. You must keep achieving in order to keep the confidence.
10. “You can determine how confident people are by listening to what they don’t say about themselves”
Brian G. Jett (personal info unknown)
This quote means: If you really are confident about something, then you won’t feel the need to tell others about it.
11. “Sooner or later, those who win are those who think they can”
Richard Bach (American writer) Born 1923
This quote means: If you believe you can do something, then eventually you WILL find a way to make it a reality.
12. “Whether you think you can or think you can’t, you are right”
Henry Ford (Founder Ford Motor Company) 1863 – 1947
This quote means: If you really believe you can achieve something, then there is a 100% chance you will do so. If you don’t believe you can do something, then there is a 0% chance you will do it.
The greatly known Henry Ford just concluded this page of quotes about confidence. The overall message to be taken away from these quotes about confidence is that if you believe you are capable of something, then regardless of anything that gets in your way, you can succeed with self improvement!
200 Birthday Wishes For Friends – Happy Birthday Friend
145 Inspirational Quotes About Happiness And Love
25th Wedding Anniversary Wishes, Messages and Quotes about Marriage Celebration
60 Positive Affirmations Quotes That Will Change Your Life
120 Never Give Up Quotes – Inspirational Sayings Staying Strong to Keep You Motivated
120 CUTEST Seasons Greetings Messages Cards and Wishes
200 Sweet Happy Mothers Day Messages – Happy Mother’s Day
200 Birthday Wishes For Friends – Happy Birthday Friend
80 Wishes For Honeymoon – Romantic Quotes for Couple
80 Happy Friendship Day Wishes, Messages & Quotes
- 120 CUTEST Seasons Greetings Messages Cards and Wishes
- 200 Sweet Happy Mothers Day Messages – Happy Mother’s Day
- 200 Birthday Wishes For Friends – Happy Birthday Friend
- 80 Wishes For Honeymoon – Romantic Quotes for Couple
- 80 Happy Friendship Day Wishes, Messages & Quotes
- 75 SPECIAL Messages for Friends And Nice Quotes for Friends
- I Love You With All My Heart | 75 Love Messages For Her
- 120 CUTEST Boyfriend Quotes & Love Quotes for Him with Images
- 120 UNDOUBTABLE Love Failure Quotes and Messages with Images
- 140 BEST Happy Holidays Greetings – Wishes and Messages
- 110 Sad Depression Quotes & Sayings About Sadness
- 110 Inspirational Lighthouse Quotes – Beautiful Quotes about Lighthouses Captions & Statuses
- 145 Best Friends Forever Quotes, Messages and Wishes For Him and Her
- 120 Best Thank You Message for Parents – Thank You Mom and Dad
- 145 Inspirational Quotes About Happiness And Love
- 120 Romantic Love Quotes for Your Sweetheart You Should Say To Your Love
- 120 True Love Quotes of All Time – Inspirational Quotes About True Love For HIM and HER
- 25th Wedding Anniversary Wishes, Messages and Quotes about Marriage Celebration
- 120 Never Give Up Quotes – Inspirational Sayings Staying Strong to Keep You Motivated
- 150 Famous Photography Quotes For Your Inspiration – Inspirational Quotes about Photography by Famous Photographer
Good Morning2 years ago
365 Good Night Quotes and Good Night Images
Quotes2 years ago
300 Motivational And Inspirational Quotes
Good Morning2 years ago
35 Good Morning Quotes and Wishes With Beautiful Images
WallPapers2 years ago
97 iPhone Wallpaper Quotes with Beautiful Images
Funny3 years ago
150 Funny Minions Quotes and Pics
Life2 years ago
56 Relationship Quotes to Reignite Your Love
Motivational2 years ago
286 Motivational & Inspirational Quotes Images That Will Inspire
Good Morning2 years ago
35 Good Morning Quotes And Images Positive Words for Good Morning